Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Weepy...


Lately I've been really emotional and I couldn't put my finger on why until last night when I was putting Reagan to bed. I went through our typical nighttime routine of changing her diaper and changing her into her pjs, giving her some medicine (this isn't typical, but she has an ear infection right now), rocking her while singing a couple of songs, praying with her, and then just snuggling her for a little bit before I laid her down in her crib. As I was doing all of this I was so, so emotional and Reagan just kept looking at me like "what is wrong mommy?" I realized that I've been this way because there are only about 3 weeks left until the baby comes which means I only have 3 weeks left to focus most of my attention on Reagan. I know that she'll be fine and I'll be fine, but I guess the closer I get to the due date, the more I wonder if I'm ready for 2 or not. It doesn't help that Reagan's been sick, so she's been really needy lately, plus I haven't been sleeping very well....which adds to me being emotional. I took this picture of Reagan relaxing with Daddy one day when he got home from work...so sweet!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I can totally relate, Lindsay. I was freaking out before I had Tyson because I knew that things were going to drastically change. I actually still have moments when I miss "just the 2 of us" but I also can't imagine life without Tyson. You know how it goes, it's such a wonderful "issue" to have (being able to have 2 kids) but it is tough. It was rough for me going from 1 to 2 for the first couple of months, but then it just starts becoming more natural and enjoyable! It's an exciting change, but a hard one. I will be praying for you and Carl as you enter this new season of your lives!

Kimberly said...

Lindsay, what a sweet post! I remember that my parents told me something about them kind of feeling sorry for me when I was born because they didn't think that they could love another daughter the way they loved my older sister. But I think love just multiplies :) And it might be scary, but what an awesome change that there will be even more love to go around! And speaking from the position of someone who was a baby #2, I sure am thankful for my big sister and I'm sure that Reagan will be an awesome one!
I'm praying for you these next few weeks! God bless!

Jenn's Blog said...

How are you feeling??

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.