Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving '08



This year for Thanksgiving, my parents and Carl's parents came for the weekend. It was so much fun. We ate, shopped, and I even put them to work. Carl fixed a really good breakfast Thursday morning because we were having Thanksgiving dinner that night. He made a sausage and egg casserole, bacon, and banana smoothies. Then, the women got to work on Thanksgiving dinner. We had turkey, of course, dressing, green beans, baked mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, glazed carrots, rolls, gravy, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cobbler, and Italian cream cake. Mmmmmm! We had so much food and are still eating turkey and dressing! Mom, Dad, and I got up early for the sales on Friday and made it out to Target and Best Buy and later we all went to the mall and Reagan got to see Santa. Saturday, I put them to work...Dad and Carl built a huge shelf in our garage for storage and organization. I can finally pull the car in the garage for the first time since we've lived here. It's so nice in the cold weather. Mom and I started in Reagan's new room by moving a book shelf (and a ton of books) downstairs to the first level. We finished late Saturday night by re-organizing the first level...it looks sooooo much better! Reagan was spoiled by all of her grandparents and it was so much fun having both sets of parents here. Hope you all had a great holiday too!

1 comments:

Jenn's Blog said...

I know! We keep telling ourselves that too. I just need his support so we don't breakdown in the ultra sound:) I can't wait to see what you have!!! I can't believe you are already almost due it seems like it flew by. And your little Regan is so cute! And so big, I just can't get over how much they grow, so fast!! I'm glad ya'll had a great holidays.