Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mourning March Madness...


My favorite month of the year is March for several reasons...we start to taste Spring (which leads to Summer!), but more than that, I love March because of March Madness. Today is Selection Sunday, and though it's an exciting day, it's bittersweet, because my favorite team, the Fighting Illini just lost to Wisconsin in the Big 10 tourney. They have no hope of making it to the big dance. They made an impressive trek through the Big 10 tourney, but just ran out of steam. So, I'll have to resort to cheering for my second favorite team the Louisville Cards.

2 comments:

becka said...

dang dude, you didn't waste any time with this. the game just finished like 10 minutes ago.

this is so rough. i'm proud of us for making it as far as we did... no one i know (besides you) even gave us a chance to make it past penn state, let alone minnesota and especially purdue. and we probably woulda been a 16 and lost in the first round anyway. still so hard though, to get this close and then not get a dance card. i'm emotionally drained.

2005 was awesome for us, but i REALLY want to win one in my lifetime (preferably soon, like before i'm 35). i'm certainly not as big of a cards fan as you, but i'll also be rooting for louisville. hopefully xavier can make a nice run too. and central illinois is still represented with illinois state... they're the bradley this year.

Ttime said...

I'm with ya on this Frill. I can't watch a season worth of basketball, but I'm glued to in during March. Yesterday was a crappy loss but we didn't do too bad. Maybe next year.