Friday, June 29, 2007

"Tighter than a Boar's Rear at Fly Time!"



When my dad was growing up, he had a grandmother (Grandma Telly) that would have sayings for different situations in life that were usually pretty funny, yet useful. He grew up on a farm, so some of the sayings could be a little gross.

I went to the doctor today for my weekly check-up and was reminded of one...

Two weeks ago when I went to the doctor, I got excited because she said I was one cm dilated. I thought this was good considering at the time I had one month left to go until my due date. However, last week when I went to the doctor, I got the same report...one cm (still 9 to go)! When I went to the doctor today, she said I had made some progress, but was still between a 1 and a 2. As I was leaving the office, I laughed to myself because I knew if Grandma Telly were here she would say that I am "tighter than a boar's rear at fly time." Kind of gross, I know, but true! Here are some more of her fun sayings...

"Busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kickin' contest."
"Suckin' on a hind one." (you'll only understand this if you grew up on a farm)
"Funnier than a rubber crutch in a polio-ward on a hot summer day."
"Busier than a one-armed paper hanger."
"Slicker than snot on a door knob."
"All I can see is the front of her back."

3 comments:

becka said...

oh man, so hilar. and once again, way to go on finding the perfect pic!

becca's bits said...

that pic just looks painful!!!

becca's bits said...

...reminds me of my childbirth!! (yikes!)